Friday

Triple Skinny Vanilla Latte Please

You think you are tired when you're a teenager and can sleep in until 4pm.  You think you are tired when you pull all nighters, close to all nighters or wake up at ridiculous hours for nursing clinical in college.  You think you are tired when you are pregnant, wake up every two seconds to pee and can never get comfortable enough to sleep. But nothing, and I mean nothing compares to the exhaustion of motherhood and working outside the home.

I don't know how I'm going to make it to bedtime tonight (and I mean Munchkie's bedtime, not a normal adult's bedtime).  It may not be possible.

Today was Munchkie's Daddy's first day on the new job. I worked the last two nights.  Our new babysitter just flew in from Brazil yesterday afternoon.  So what does all this mean?  It means that I don't sleep.  Two nights in a row at work are exhausting enough, but add to that a week of not sleeping well and then trying to stay up today with Munchkie and let's just say I'm barely functioning.

I think that God invented Starbucks for working-outside-the-home moms.  Seriously.  I have tried multiple times to give up this addiction to caffeine that mostly consists of skinny vanilla lattes and it never lasts very long.  All it takes is one night of work and one day of staying up and bring on the caffeine.

With my SVL I can sit on the couch, pretend to take a moment for myself and sip a little piece of heaven. While the fourth member of our family, Elmo, entertains Munchkie. 

   
*Sigh*

Ok, now let's tackle this mess, sort through toys, create a grocery list for several weeks of frozen meals, figure out dinner, feed the fam, grocery shop, make weekend plans, and prep the kitchen for a day of freezer meal preparation.

I can do all things through Christ who invented Skinny Vanilla Lattes that give me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment