The turkey was by far one of the best turkeys I have ever had. I had purchased a frozen turkey breast from the grocery store that was hormone and antibiotic free and after 16 hours of brining, it went into the oven seasoned and rubbed with coconut oil.
So now that I've talked about food I want to talk about the things I am thankful for. Because that it was Thanksgiving is really about, I want to take a minute and be grateful for the blessings in my life.
- My beautiful family that has grown and strengthened over the last year.
- Munchkie who brings us constant entertainment and amazement.
- The house that we have been able to rent, giving us privacy, a safe and quiet environment as well as beautiful views.
- A new job that I absolutely love and can't believe I get paid to play with kids.
- Munchkie's Daddy ended up taking a year off of school and is able to focus on our family instead of being stressed by school work.
- Munchkie's Daddy was able to find a job, while he took a year off from school, during this difficult economy.
- We have health in both our small family and our larger extended family.
- We have had many incredible celebrations this year, 1st birthday, 80th birthday, 55th wedding anniversary, high school graduation, and college undergraduate and master's graduations.
- We have been able to travel several times this year to visit family and friends.
- We have been able to become more organic, green and ecologically friendly.