1 cup oatmeal
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup puffed rice cereal
1 cup dry quinoa
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup dry cranberries
2 cups water
3/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325 and lightly grease a 9x13 pan
- Cook the 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water as directed on package.
- I crushed up the slivered almonds in a ziplock bag until they were crumbs and little pieces.
- Mix together applesauce, honey, vanilla, baking soda.
- Add oatmeal, flour, quinoa, almonds and then puffed rice.
- Last add the "mix-ins"- cranberries, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds.
- Press the mixture into the pan, pressing firmly with your hands to ensure it is tightly in the pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until light brown on top.
- Let sit for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, cut into 20 Quaker Chewy granola bar size
- Do not take out of pan until completely cooled.
- Store in an airtight container.
Serving size 1 bar, servings per batch 20
Saturated Fat 0.6g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 20.5g
Dietary Fiber 2.3g
Not so bad!