Saturday

Sesame Street on a Saturday Morning

I never wanted Munchkie to watch TV, in fact I made it quite clear to our families that there would be no TV watching.  The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends no TV until after age 2 and then minimal TV after that.  I wanted to be a good mom and follow their recommendations.  Obviously the AAP never had to work a night shift and then try to stay up to watch their kids the next day.  It all started with me being exhausted and I opened up an Elmo DVD someone had given Munchkie for her birthday.  The rules went downhill after that.  She just loved Elmo so much that she begs for him all day long.  She loves that he has music and singing on Elmo's world.  She is usually standing in the living room dancing along with Elmo.  So before Elmo's world one day there was a song about hair and Munchkie loved it.  Shortly after we heard about the song on NPR.  It was a beautiful story about why the song was written, check it out here.  So I did a quick youtube search and found the video.  Now Munchkie asks "hair? hair?" multiple times a day.  You know how great youtube is at recommending similar videos to watch so this morning we went through and watched several "music" videos from Sesame Street. 

I love Saturday mornings with nothing to do anyway, making breakfast, waking Munchkie's Daddy up with a fresh cup of coffee and hanging out in our pj's.  We were all sitting on the couch crowded around my computer watching Sesame Street videos.  I love spending time like this with my family.  All cuddled up together, dancing and laughing.  It's so much fun.  Munchkie's Daddy and I looked over Munchkie's head at each other and just smiled because it's so heartwarming to see how happy Munchkie gets when two of her favorite things are combined- Elmo and music. 

Singing "I Love My Hair"

As much as I don't want to admit, I am really starting to like these Sesame Street videos.  They are quite fun and I really don't mind them as much as I thought.  I was not looking forward to children's shows and music, but I'm finding that they are kind of funny.  They bring a smile to your face and put you in a good mood.  Here are some of our favorites to put a smile on your face and make you feel better about yourself on this beautiful Saturday.







No comments:

Post a Comment