Friday

Friday Night and No Plans

It's amazing how much life can change in just a short amount of time.  It's Friday night and I'm sitting on the couch in my pjs watching DVRed tv shows.  Exciting beyond belief I know.  On a good note Munchkie went to bed early, but the other side of that is that it's 7:15 on a Friday night and we're all in for the night.  Before Munchkie came along it's not like we went crazy on the weekend.  In fact we usually didn't do too much, we're not really the partying type.  However, it's the thing you can't have that you want the most.  I think that I just always associate staying in on the weekend with being old and I don't want to feel old (the truth is that I don't really even have the energy to do anything). 

I wonder sometimes how this happened.  That I am ok with staying home on a Friday night. Tonight I felt like I just needed to go out and do something.  Anything.  I had cabin fever but knew that if we went out there would be meltdowns because it was so close to bedtime.  I guess that is part of being a mom, you stay at home most of the time to avoid public meltdowns.  So as much as I want to be doing something somewhere other than my house, I will sit here watching this week's shows while Munchkie peacefully sleeps upstairs. 

I am learning to adjust to the lack of independence and freedom that comes with motherhood.   There are not spur of the moment, rush out the door to go do something times anymore.  You can't just go where you please, when you please.  I think it takes a lot of planning and preparation along with organization to be a mom.  We can plan ahead and go do something tomorrow, but that means adjusting naptime, making sure there are full bellies (Munchkie's Daddy is just as bad as Munchkie at being grumpy on an empty stomach), diaper bag is well stocked and a bath is taken the night before. 

I guess that it doesn't necessarily make me old to stay in.  It just means that I am a mom now and I have responsibilities that change the way you do things.  I will have to push off my need to go do something until tomorrow and on that note I better go start planning tomorrow's activities.....

No comments:

Post a Comment