Ginger Valentine's Cookies
1 cup sugar
1 cup shortening
1 cup molasses (I actually didn't have any so I used 1/2 cup dark brown sugar and 1/2 cup maple syrup)
4 cups sifted flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ginger
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Raw (or coarse) sugar
- Cream together the sugar and shortening.
- Add molasses and unbeaten eggs.
- Mix well.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and stir in.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Dip the balls in a bowl of raw sugar until coated.
- Place balls on greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- When you take out of the oven press a chocolate into cookie while still warm.
- **Dough keeps indefinitely in the refrigerator**
And now I am going to bed because I am exhausted.
|So young and naive, if only we had an inkling of what our life would be like.|