Monday

Pancakes make my day

After a pretty busy day at work I really appreciate not having to think.  Really about anything, but especially about dinner.  I think it's because I have been organizing, planning and picking up messes all day that having to do it at home puts me over the edge.  Today was especially emotionally draining after receiving some not so great news on our time of waiting, so coming home to dinner ready to be made was wonderful.

I had to get over the fact that I hate Valentine's and appreciate the incredibly thoughtful, kind and selfless act Munchkie's Daddy did by making me dinner tonight.  Not only was it dinner, but it was breakfast for dinner, my absolute favorite kind of meal, and his absolute least favorite meal.  Now that is a complete selfless act.  I can even somewhat appreciate the V-day sprinkles in and on the pancakes.

I think that it what Valentine's Day is truly about.  Not all that ridiculous sappy love crap that is thrown in your face everywhere, but the selfless and unconditional acts of love.  Completely putting yourself aside to do something for someone else, even if you don't like it.  That is what love is about.  Not about how many flowers, how expensive the chocolates or how fancy the dinner, but unconditional love expressed through something simple and sacrificial. Whether it be your mom as I appreciated for so many years, a beloved pet, or your romantic interest, unconditional love is the ultimate gift to receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment