Sunday

Happy Birthday?

Today was Munchkie's Daddy's birthday.  It was definitely an off day and I feel so bad for it not being a good birthday.  Munchkie's Daddy was in a funk all day, then he finally told me that he just felt like it was any other day.  He's known for a while what his present was going to be, and we're waiting to get it, so he didn't have anything to open.  He slept in this morning (something he wanted), so we didn't go out to breakfast or anything special. We had church this evening, so we couldn't go out to dinner. I tried to make him a lime cheesecake (sugar free and grain free), and it only turned out so so. 

Then there were my issues.  I start work tomorrow.  *sigh*  This month has just gone by so fast.  I am so thankful for every minute that I had off of work, but it went by so fast.  It's just unbelievable, well I think that my maternity leave went by faster and it was much harder to go back to work then, but this is still hard.  I had so many things that I wanted to get accomplished. I wanted to be completely unpacked- there are two boxes sitting in the hallway. I wanted to master the public transportation system- eh, well, I've ridden it a couple times, but I definitely wouldn't call it mastered. I wanted to be completely comfortable riding my bike everywhere so I wouldn't have to get to work a sweaty mess, I still have yet to be magically physically fit.  I also wanted to get several sewing projects completed and I was, to be completely honest, kind of scared of my sewing machine (I was afraid my project would be too big for me to handle, so I never got it down).  So today, I spent all day in the kitchen.  I think I was trying to make up for lost time.  I canned Munchkie's Daddy's Nana's sweet and sour green beans and spicy pickles with produce from the farmer's market, neither of which I had done before.  I then tackled the grain free, sugar free (stevia is my natural calorie free substitute of choice) lime cheesecake.  I was planning on making a grain free loaf of pumpkin bread, but I ran out of time.  So I threw it together when we got home from church and put it in the oven while we sang happy birthday and ate cheesecake together.

I think it was just a bummer of a day altogether.  I was bummer about work.  Munchkie's Daddy was bummed about it being a normal, homework filled, day.  Getting old stinks.  Happy Birthday Munchkie's Daddy!  We will celebrate better a day this week, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment