Tuesday

Simplifying the No-Knead Bread Recipe

After 6 weeks of no working oven, and a semi working oven for who knows how long before that, today has been a great day!  We have a working oven!  Of course, it had to be just when the weather started getting warmer.  I didn't realize how much I relied on baking for stress relief until there was no oven to bake in.  This recipe showed up in my blog feed a few days ago and I could not wait for the repair guy to come today with replacement parts to fix my oven.  

Munchkie's Daddy grew up overseas where fresh bread doesn't even compare to the bread here. He has made it his quest to make the perfect loaf of bread. Tonight, he said "this is just like the bread we used to get in Albania in the market" and I almost cried in relief and happiness.  I think this super easy and super delicious bread recipe will be gracing our table frequently.  It has an amazing crust, an incredible soft inside and only four ingredients.  I did use whole wheat flour, so it was 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour and 3 1/2 cups bread flour.


Simplifying the No-Knead Bread Recipe



Besides the bread I threw together a quick salad, cooked some fish on the stove top and made a pitcher of fresh ice tea from some tea we picked up at a great little tea store, Adagio, while traveling last week. It was such a delicious meal!  The perfect ending to a long day of work for Munchkie's Daddy, and a good time together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment