1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 packets Stevia (honey, sugar, brown sugar, agave, whatever you prefer)
1/8 cup milk
1/2 cup frozen mixed berries (or whatever frozen fruit you prefer)
- Bring the water to boiling- I use an electric kettle so if I forget about it, no big deal, it shuts off automatically.
- While the water is boiling, mix oats, cinnamon and Stevia (or your choice of sweetener) in the bowl you will be using to eat.
- Add the boiling water to the oat mixture and stir.
- Let this stand for a couple minutes until the mixture is thick and the oatmeal is cooked.
- Add the milk and stir until completely combined, this is just enough to make the oatmeal a little creamy.
- Add the frozen berries and stir again, the berries will significantly bring the temperature of the oatmeal down.
- Once the berries are mixed in, enjoy. The oatmeal is chilled, but not old gross oatmeal cold, and you get cold little bursts of berries while you're eating it. It's perfect for a summer morning where the temperature is already too hot to handle.