Tuesday

Recoup and Regroup

Since I'm cool and remembered my computer, but left my power cord in Munchkie's Daddy's bag, who went back home, my battery is almost dead.  I had to be old school and write out my thoughts on paper, so I could quickly type and shut down.  I'm on vacation this week and doing a Midwest tour again.  Munchkie and I are at house #3.  Munchkie's Daddy did some PhD program visits and then returned home yesterday, but Munchkie and I are visiting a few more people before we head home.  Once our friend comes home from work, Munchkie and I will be headed back to house #2 for a couple days.

I am loving this vacation!  I know my friends feel bad that they are working, but I don't care at all (well, of course I would love to spend more time with them).  I am hanging out, playing with Munchkie and there is no stress.  I don't have to feel guilty because I'm not cleaning or doing laundry.  There's nothing to do and nowhere to be, because I don't have a car.  I seriously think this is the most relaxing vacation ever!  It's not very often that there isn't something you should be doing once you're "grown up," especially when you have a kid(s).  I think that every mom should take a day or two vacation to do nothing but recoup and regroup.  When you take care of yourself, you can take care of others better.

Although I wish that I had taken this vacation at a different time than right before Christmas, I am glad that I can be fresh and energized for the holidays.  I also get to spend some great time with Munchkie.  What's better than that?

Hopefully my power cord reaches my parents house before I do so I can continue to feed my blog addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment