Monday

Good Start to a Beautiful Day

Breakfast is my favorite meal ever.  In any form.  Yes, I obviously like sweets, so any kind of sweet breakfast is a hit, but I also love savory.  Omelets, sausage,bacon, quiches, and potatoes.  I'm also a firm believer in the importance of breakfast, so I don't usually skip it.  I would much rather have a late and large breakfast and skip lunch.  This morning I was trying to decide what to have on this beautiful day off of work.  I remembered that I had found some unsweetened flaked coconut for really cheap at this random store when looking for something else with my mom.  I decided to throw that into some oatmeal.  Well, and those raisins left over from the Irish pudding that I couldn't eat on Saturday.  Naturally cinnamon always goes into oatmeal.  And it was delicious!

I couldn't eat it all, this is definitely a two person bowl of oatmeal. Maybe I should have kept Munchkie home from the babysitter's to help me eat this.  It was absolutely amazing to sit with every single window in my apartment, yes all four of them, all the way open and quiet surrounding me except for the sounds coming in from the outside.  The birds chirping, kids playing down the street, cars passing by, and people calling friendly greetings to each other.    Oh beautiful day!

Coconut Raisin Oatmeal
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk plus a little bit more for cooling down the hot oatmeal
1/2 cup oats
handful unsweetened flaked coconut
handful raisins
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 packets stevia

  • Mix almond milk and oats together in a microwave safe bowl
  • Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes, watching to make sure it doesn't explode
  • Add in coconut, raisins, cinnamon and stevia, stirring until fully mixed
  • Microwave for another 30-60 seconds to plump the raisins, and meld the flavors
  • Add cold almond milk until the right temperature and consistency.
Mmmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment