Thank you Google and Pinterest for assisting with almost all of my kitchen endeavors. Between the two I found some options. The first one I tried were these Grain Free Almond Crackers and they were definitely good, but I should have added more seasoning and salt for flavoring. The second batch I made of them had more salt and were better. Then I decided to try a different kind. I made this Sesame Sunflower Seed Grain Free Crackers recipe, but I thought it odd that there was no binding agent, only water. So I altered it a little bit. The first batch I added an egg white and water to mix them together. Then the fourth batch I made, I decided it was time to go all out and combine to create my own recipe. They were everyone's favorite.
Pumpkin Flax Crackers
1 cup pumpkin seeds, hulled
1 cup ground flax
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Combine pumpkin seeds, salt and garlic powder in a food processor and puree until ground.
2. Add flax and food process until well mixed.
3. Mix together dry mix with egg whites in a mixing bowl until a paste.
4. Roll out dough between two pieces of parchment paper until thing, to the thickness you prefer a cracker to be.
5. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into squares.
6. Place dough, on parchment paper, on a cookie sheet and bake at 325 for 10-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of your cracker.
7. Once slightly golden (if it gets too dark it tastes like burnt nuts) remove, let cool and break apart into crackers.
I took a wheel of brie, added this Honey Spiced Peach Spread on top and piled the crackers around it. I thought it was quite good and it was super easy! This might be my new staple to bring places.