Monday

Absent Blogger Apologies

I have been quite the absent blogger lately.  We have had a lot going on and every time I sat down to blog something would come up.  Besides having to type of 12 pages of instructions for Mimi while we were away, we had work and preparations for our trip.  Since my last blog, I have celebrated my third Mother's Day, 27th birthday, 5th wedding anniversary and for good measure, my 5th nursing week!  Needless to say, we've had a lot going on.

I learned a very important lesson this week while spending some amazing quality time with Munchkie's Daddy.  It is ESSENTIAL to take time for your significant other.  No matter how busy you are or how much time you think you spend together on a day to day basis, you need to set aside time just for the two of you.  We had such a wonderful time together and realized that while we may not need to leave the country frequently to spend time together, we need to set aside more time to spend together.  Doing more than sitting side by side on the couch responding to emails, wasting time on Facebook or reading.

I am now a huge advocate of getaways.  Whether they be for a couple hours to catch a movie, overnight an hour away, or a week vacation somewhere, getaways are essential!  Munchkie's Daddy and  I decided that we are going to make a huge effort to spend more time together as a couple.  We are also going to make the time and set aside the money for more vacations.

I think this is how you keep a relationship going, take time to focus on the other person.

No comments:

Post a Comment